Monday, March 3, 2008

Not exactly the way I would describe a fragrance note...

I was scouring the news for interesting stories when I came accross the story from The Star.
I am always asked to describe a fragrance or fragrance note, but I am sure I would not have used the following about Tonquin Musk.
"(Tonquin musk) is one of the most astounding smells you will ever experience," somehow managing to combine the "thick scent" of a man's nether regions with "the smells of his warm skin, his armpits sometime around midday" and "the sweetish, nutty, acrid visceral smell of his breath." The smell of clean anus," Burr writes, "turns out to be extremely helpful in perfume. In trace amounts it deepens and enriches floral scents, fleshes out green scents.") This incredible description was created from Chandler Burr the scent critic for T: The New York Times Style Magazine, Burr, who previously published The Emperor of Scent: A Story of Perfume, Obsession, and the Last Mystery of the Senses. The say a picture is worth a thousand words, I wonder how much that equates to a whiff?

No comments: